Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Zip Zap Zoop

Here is a very simple game that I call ''Zip Zap Zoop'' which is perfect for revision. It's my  version of a game called ''Zip Zat Zut''....I used to play this game when I was working as a Language Monitor a few years ago in Rimouski... 

Students have to answer questions on different topics learned through school year. This cool game can be use for any subject. It requires almost no pre-class preparation. All you need is  questions...You can print mine if you want...You'll find the link below.....Most of my questions are made for cycle two students. 

How to play...
  • Divide the class into teams. 
  • Put the points cards randomly in each fries boxes. 
  • Have a member of the first team choose a category. 
  • Read the question out loud.
  • Students has 15 seconds to answer.
  • If they are correct they choose a number on a fries container and take out a points card in it.
  • If you take out the points card named Zip, it means that the team collects all the points from the team of their choice.
  • If you take out the points card name Zap, it means that the team gives all their points to the team who played before them.
  • If you take out the points card name Zoop, it means that the team collects everyone's points.
  • If students are wrong, the following team has the right to reply. 
  • Record the points on the board or on the chart below.
Have fun!

To build this game, I bought a thick cardboard at the Dollar Store, I paste a yellow cardboard on it. I went at McDonald's restaurant and I asked them for fries containers. I glued them with hot glue. I put the points cards inside each fries containers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UbsBPimawFZGZ4eHhkZUtjeEE/edit?usp=sharing


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UbsBPimawFSWdWR1E2d3hBcG8/edit?usp=sharing





















I record points on this chart.




No comments:

Post a Comment